Executive / senior industry position
SNC-Lavalin’s Roads, Bridges and Ports team provides multidisciplinary design and project management services to a diverse portfolio of private and public sector clients in British Columbia and across Canada. In response to increasing project demands, we are seeking a qualified Senior Civil Engineer to join the SNC-Lavalin team in its growing Victoria office. The ideal candidate will have a broad base of civil engineering design experience and will be a motivated self-starter who embraces the opportunity to work on a variety of projects primarily in British Columbia and across Canada.
- Lead and design a diverse range of civil projects including those which are part of a multidisciplinary assignment.
- Development of cost estimates based on quantities take offs and unit prices.
- Preparation of proposals in response to RFPs.
- Preparation and presentation of work product to clients.
- Working with multidisciplinary teams in a leading or supporting role.
- Engaging in business development and client liaison activities.
- Providing guidance to junior personnel.
- 8-10 years of civil engineering design experience with an owner, consultant or contractor role.
- An undergraduate degree in Civil Engineering from a recognized institution.
- Registration as a Professional Engineer with EGBC.
- Proficient with office productivity, project accounting and personnel management software applications.
- Ability to work independently and to prioritize multiple and multidisciplinary projects and project teams.
- Proficient with CAD and Civil 3D software and related standards. Experience with Microstation is an asset.
- Experience in BC Ministry of Transportation and BC MMCD standards is mandatory.
- Working knowledge of application of TAC, BCMOTI, and AASHTO design standards is mandatory.
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills and a positive problem solving and collaborative approach.
- Fluent in spoken and written English. French language skills considered an asset.
- Experience with preparation of clear and comprehensive reports, technical notes and client or public presentations.
- Experience working on site during construction considered an asset.
- Development and management of project scope, schedule and budget.
- Willingness and ability to travel on short-term assignments within Canada