Executive / senior industry position
Overview / Responsibilities
Wood is seeking an Intermediate-Senior Civil Engineer to join our Mining & Minerals business. Reporting to the Civil/Structural/Architectural Manager, this position is located in our Saskatoon, SK office. This role has overall responsibility for providing a variety of design activities including civil earthworks, underground utilities for mine sites and heavy industrial facilities. If you have a successful track record and thrive on challenges in a fast paced environment, this is the opportunity for you.
Our Mining & Minerals business performs consulting and EPCM services for many of the world's leading mining companies and is executing world-class projects on five continents.
- Engineering experience in civil earthwork, underground utilities (including general grading, ponds, drainage, plant roads, haul roads, mill pads, containment facilities, rail spurs etc.)
- Engineering experience in surface run utilities (including tailings discharge, brine lines etc.)
- For senior levels, experience in interpreting geotechnical & hydrology reports, technical writing skills (including specifications, scope of works, contract documents), quantity take-offs, cost estimating.
Skills / Qualifications
- Undergraduate or Graduate degree in Civil Engineering
- 10-15 years of earthwork and underground and surface utilities experience.
- Ability to work in a multi-disciplinary team environment
- Ability to work in both design office and operating plant environments
- Ability to mentor junior engineers and design personnel
- Eligible for registration as a Professional Engineer in the Province of Saskatchewan
- Experience with Civil 3D software would be an asset
- Must be legally able to work in Canada at time of application
Wood is a global leader in the delivery of project, engineering and technical services to energy and industrial markets. We operate in more than 60 countries, employing around 60,000 people, with revenues of over $10 billion. We provide performance-driven solutions throughout the asset life cycle, from concept to decommissioning across a broad range of industrial markets, including the upstream, midstream and downstream oil & gas, power & process, environment and infrastructure, clean energy, mining, nuclear, and general industrial sectors. www.woodplc.com
We are an equal opportunity employer that recognises the value of a diverse workforce. All suitably qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment on the basis of objective criteria and without regard to the following (which is a non-exhaustive list): race, colour, age, religion, gender, national origin, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, protected veteran status, or other characteristics in accordance with the relevant governing laws.