Executive / senior industry position
A career with EMD Serono is an ongoing journey of discovery: our 58,000 people are shaping how the world lives, works and plays through next generation advancements in Healthcare, Life Science and Electronics. For more than 350 years and across the world we have passionately pursued our curiosity to find novel and vibrant ways of enhancing the lives of others. EMD Serono is a business of Merck KGaA, Darmstadt, Germany.
United As One for Patients, our purpose in Healthcare is to help create, improve and prolong lives. We develop medicines, intelligent devices and innovative technologies in therapeutic areas such as Oncology, Neurology and Fertility. Our teams work together across 6 continents with passion and relentless curiosity in order to help patients at every stage of life. Joining our Healthcare team is becoming part of a diverse, inclusive and flexible working culture, presenting great opportunities for personal development and career advancement across the globe.
Global Evidence & Value Development (GEVD/HEOR) is an integral component of the BioPharma Global Research & Development organization that focuses on readiness for value assessment and patient access across the product lifecycle. Under the leadership of GEVD Strategy Lead or TA head the GEVD AD Strategy Lead will:
- Execute value demonstration strategies for development and peri-launch phases
- Prepare briefing books for HTA scientific advice or relevant sections of submission materials for health authority interactions in collaboration with relevant functions
- Draft, edit, and finalize the creation of GEVD-related sections of the clinical trial protocol, statistical analyses plans, and related documents (case report forms, PRO questionnaire mock-ups etc.)
- Provide expert review and guidance on local or regional health economic studies to ensure scientific integrity and alignment with global strategies
- Develop/update knowledge books for target indications (HTA surveillance/insights)
- Execute PRO analyses in early (hypothesis building) and late (labeling/HTA assessment) phases of clinical development
- Develop early and late-stage cost-effectiveness models for relevant indications
- Keep abreast of novel, rigorous techniques/methodologies to inform GEVD deliverables
- Set up and manage real world and non-interventional studies
- Manage and prepare publications for dissemination
- Lead specific work streams within the value strategy team structure (country and/or regional affiliates); supporting REA/HTA readiness (E.g. health economic and budget impact models for 1st-wave core countries)
- Guide and educate the GP (sub)-teams to prepare and meet the EMD Serono REA/HTA decision criteria per DP (inclusive of risk analyses, strategic development options and contingency plans).
- Set milestones and manage external vendors and HEOR consultants for timely and on-budget completion of high-quality deliverables
- Actively participate as a subject-matter expert in key cross functional teams. Must be able to influence activities in a matrix organization.
- Masters in health economics, outcomes research, public health or related fields such as statistics, economics, and health services research.
- Three to five years of professional experience in consulting, industry or other relevant settings
- Powerful conceptual, methodological and analytical skills.
- Previous experience in one or more of the above-mentioned core competencies is required (minimum of one of: PROs, Economic modeling, Database analyses, evidence synthesis, real world evidence or reimbursement dossier preparation)
- Strong multi-tasking and organization skills and ability to work within tight timelines.
- Experience in collaborative efforts with external institutions and service providers
- Skills in interacting confidently in teams across functions, cultures and geographies are indispensable
- PHd in related fields.
- Experience in Oncology preferred
- Strong background combined with hands-on experience in consulting, health insurance, payer authority or payer research institute may be relevant
What we offer: With us, there are always opportunities to break new ground. We empower you to fulfil your ambitions, and our diverse businesses offer various career moves to seek new horizons. We trust you with responsibility early on and support you to draw your own career map that is responsive to your aspirations and priorities in life. Join us and bring your curiosity to life!
Curious? Apply and find more information at https://jobs.vibrantm.com
The Company is an Equal Employment Opportunity employer. No employee or applicant for employment will be discriminated against on the basis of race, color, religion, age, sex, sexual orientation, national origin, ancestry, disability, military or veteran status, genetic information, gender identity, transgender status, marital status, or any other classification protected by applicable federal, state, or local law. This policy of Equal Employment Opportunity applies to all policies and programs relating to recruitment and hiring, promotion, compensation, benefits, discipline, termination, and all other terms and conditions of employment. Any applicant or employee who believes they have been discriminated against by the Company or anyone acting on behalf of the Company must report any concerns to their Human Resources Business Partner, Legal, or Compliance immediately. The Company will not retaliate against any individual because they made a good faith report of discrimination.