Researcher / analyst
The FZI is a non-profit institution for applied research in information technology and technology transfer. We are looking for a research scientist to support one of our four research divisions at our head office in Karlsruhe as soon as possible and on a full-time basis. The contract for this post is initially limited to two years.
In the research focus “Logistics and Supply Chain Optimisation”, we support our project partners in questions concerning the digitalisation of logistics and supply chain processes. Our core task is to analyse and model logistical problems and to research and implement optimisation methods for their solution. The problems range from strategic questions of the supply chain design to operative tasks of the tour and load planning.
- Modelling and solving logistical problems with the help of mathematical optimisation, (meta-)heuristics and simulation
- Cooperation in industrial projects with prospect of project management function
- An exciting mixture of research and industrial projects on the subjects of supply chain and transportation planning together with SMEs and large-scale enterprises, such as Robert Bosch GmbH, BASF SE, PTV AG, Dillinger or Lufthansa Cargo
- Pleasant work atmosphere in a creative team
- Possibility to do your doctorate at the Karlsruhe Institute of Technology with Prof. Dr. Stefan Nickel (Institute of Operations Research) or with Prof. Dr. Kai Furmans (Institute for Material Handling and Logistics)
- Individual further education as well as the opportunity to visit scientific conferences
- Remuneration according to the German public service salary scale TV-L and according to your responsibilities and qualifications as well as attractive fringe benefits
- Flexible and family-friendly management of work schedules
- Degree in Business Mathematics, Industrial Engineering and Management, (Business) Informatics or related disciplines with the focus on operations research or algorithms
- Ability to think independently and high interest in application-oriented scientific work
- Experiences in mathematical modelling and implementation of algorithms or simulation tools (e.g. AnyLogic)
- Knowledge in a programming language (C++, Java, Python)
- Very good German or English skills
We are looking forward to receiving your PDF application. Please send your email to Ms. Miriam Busch at firstname.lastname@example.org, indicating the reference "LSO1803-01" and attaching your cover letter, CV, diplomas, certificates and transcript of records.
Please feel free to contact Dr.-Ing. Felix Brandt (+49 721 9654-304) if you have any questions regarding the position.