This internship position is a 12-month full-time opportunity for students or new professionals looking to gain that extra step towards their professional development.
You'll join our San Jose office for one year as part of our Client Capabilities Network for the McKinsey Global Institute (MGI).
Colleagues in our global Client Capabilities Network deliver distinctive client impact through assets and expertise and are driven by a culture of innovation. McKinsey & Company established MGI in 1990 as its independent, internal economics research arm. Its mission is two-fold: to achieve breakthrough microeconomic understanding of the most important global macroeconomic issues today, and to generate insights that materially impact the decisions of both corporate leaders and policymakers.
WHAT YOU'LL DO
You will work closely with our analysts, experts and client service teams by collecting, preparing and deploying economics-focused data analytics. In this role, you will work along three crucial axes which includes understanding, disaggregating and prioritizing the economics research and information needs of McKinsey’s global pool of management consultants.
You will support and develop the data collection for expert-led datasets and assets using Excel, Alteryx, Tableau and other data preparation and visualization tools. You will master the basic McKinsey research toolkit (fluency in McKinsey terminology and concepts), understand the firm’s client capabilities network and expand knowledge of core information/data sources.
- Bachelor’s degree or working towards a bachelor’s degree in economics (preferred), statistics, computer science or closely related field
- Excellent analytical and problem-solving skills
- Excellent search skills on web sources and electronic databases
- Strong orientation towards customer service, collaboration and initiative-taking
- Solid interest in and appreciation for economic concepts and trends at global and regional levels
- Ability to creatively retrieve, summarize and present complex information
- Strong proficiency with Excel preferred; familiarity with Alteryx, R, Python, eViews and/or STATA is a plus
- Fluency in written and verbal communications in English and Spanish
FOR U.S. APPLICANTS: McKinsey & Company is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, race, color, religion, national origin, disability, protected Veteran status, age, or any other characteristic protected by applicable law.
FOR NON-U.S. APPLICANTS: McKinsey & Company is an Equal Opportunity employer. For additional details regarding our global EEO policy and diversity initiatives, please visit our McKinsey Careers and Diversity & Inclusion sites.
89 Winslow St STE 300
94063 Redwood City , United States