The IMC University of Applied Sciences is currently hiring for the following position, commencing from the earliest possible start date:
Teaching and research professorship at the Institute for Digitalization (w/m/d)
Full-time - 40 hours per week.
You will teach in English language in your field of study at Bachelor and Master level. You will also be responsible for projects of applied research in the field of Big Data and Software engineering, particularly in one of the following areas: big data tools and technologies, information systems, software architectures.
In addition to supervising scientific work, you will maintain contact with regional and international cooperation partners. You are able to inspire people to discover and develop business-related content and connections. Re-Connecting with alumni so see their progress win them as future partners.
- Doctoral degree in computer science, postdoctoral experience is a plus
- Higher-education teaching experience
- Research experience in the ﬁeld of Big Data and Software engineering, particularly in one of the following areas: big data tools and technologies, information systems, software architectures
- Experience in designing and conducting research projects and acquiring third-party funding
- Active member of the scientific community (as evidenced by memberships, conference attendance and peer review work)
- Excellent written and spoken German and English
You are dedicated, with strong organisational skills and a willingness to learn. A professional demeanour and respect for colleagues are very important to us. We expect our people to work efficiently with a strong focus on achieving targets, and to adopt an entrepreneurial, strategic approach.
WHAT IS IMPORTANT TO US
Pioneering, international and respectful: we see collaboration between academia, service providers and students as a creative process that paves the way for the successful transformation of research findings into commercial applications.
IMC University of Applied Sciences Krems is not subject to any collective agreements. The minimum annual gross salary for this position is EUR 55,000, based on a full-time workload (40 hours per week). Allocation to pay grades is based on qualifications and professional experience. The university is prepared to pay a higher salary in recognition of relevant professional experience and qualifications.
If you are interested in applying, you can submit your application (covering letter and CV with teaching and research portfolio including list of publications and salary expectations) via our website only.
IMC Fachhochschule Krems, HR Services, bewerbungen@-krems.ac.at
3500 Krems an der Donau , Austria