Researcher / analyst
- Department : Analytical R&D
- Location : Brampton, Ontario
Taro is a multinational; science-based pharmaceutical company dedicated to meeting the needs of its customers through the discovery, development, manufacturing and marketing of the highest quality healthcare products.
Our Brampton location is presently looking for an Analytical Development Chemist (Dermatology) to join our Research & Development Department.
The Analytical Development Chemist (Dermatology) is responsible for development and qualification / validation of analytical procedures and test methods and provide analytical expertise required for product development. Key duties include development and validation of new analytical methods, preparation of reports, specifications and other documents for regulatory or legal submissions, with the emphasis on in vitro skin permeation testing and innovative dermal technologies. Testing of other materials e.g. R&D/ Reference Products in accordance with GMP/GLP regulations may be required as needed. Work is completed with little supervision/guidance in a timely manner.
- Prepare development/validation and other research reports
- Report and clearly document all research work performed
- Report GMP work in accordance with current GMP/GLP regulations
- Participate in activities leading to product approval (i.e. deficiency letter responses for chemistry issues, investigations, etc., with specific tasks outlined by the Manager)
- Provide technical and investigative support to R&D Analytical Chemists
- Participate in the training/coaching of new staff
- Isolate/identify/synthesize impurities as required
- Research and prepare product and packaging material technical dossier/specifications
- Maintain a clean laboratory environment and ensure that safety regulations are followed
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
- Ph.D. or M. Sc. degree in Chemistry or in a pharmaceutical–related field.
- Preferred, three (3) years of work experience in an R&D environment, specifically in Dermatological Product Analytical Development and in-vitro technology, including experience working with tissue and cadaver skin.
- Superior theoretical and practical knowledge of organic, inorganic and analytical chemistry including in-depth knowledge of gas and liquid chromatography, spectrometry and other analytical techniques employed in the pharmaceutical development.
- Effective knowledge of chemistry, with main focus on analytical, organic and physical chemistry.
- Hands-on experience on in-vitro methodology using artificial and natural origin membranes is an asset.
- Familiarity with modern computer assisted analytical instrumentation methods as well as with older techniques (i.e. titration).
- Sound theoretical and practical knowledge of chromatography and spectrometry.
- Effective knowledge of pertinent FDA and TPP guidelines.
- Good knowledge and understanding of GMP and GLPs requirements.
- Ability to communicate and work effectively in a team-based environment.
- Knowledge of applicable software.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
If you are interested in this opportunity, please submit your resume to firstname.lastname@example.org referencing Analytical Development Chemist – Dermatology req6993 in the subject line. We thank all applicants, but only those selected for further consideration will be contacted. No phone calls please.
This position is open to applicants legally authorized to work in Canada.
Taro Pharmaceuticals embraces diversity in the workplace and is committed to achieving employment equity. Our goal is to attract, develop and retain highly talented employees from diverse backgrounds, allowing us to benefit from a wide variety of experiences and perspectives. We ensure that our recruitment practices are supportive of this commitment and do not infringe on any characteristics protected by law.
In accordance with the Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act, 2005, and the Ontario Human Rights Code, Taro Pharmaceuticals will provide accommodation throughout the recruitment and selection process to applicants with disabilities. If selected to participate in the recruitment and selection process, please inform Human Resources of the nature of accommodation(s) that you may require in respect of any materials or processes used to ensure your equal participation.
NOTE: All employment is conditional upon the completing and obtaining of a satisfactory background check which may include educational, employment, references and criminal records (for which a pardon has not been granted) checks.
AGENCY NOTICE: Please note that Taro Pharmaceuticals does not accept unsolicited resumes from recruiters or employment agencies. In the absence of a signed Services Agreement with an agency / recruiter, Taro Pharmaceuticals will not consider any referrals or agree to payment of referral or recruitment fees. In the event a recruiter or an agency submits a resume or candidate without a previously signed agreement, Taro Pharmaceuticals explicitly reserves the right to pursue and hire those candidate(s) without any financial obligation to the recruiter or agency.
To learn more about Taro Pharmaceuticals Inc., please visit: www.taro.ca.