Mid-level industry position
Software QA I - ALM
Arthrex, a growing medical device manufacturer, is looking for an entry level Software Quality Assurance (Test) Analyst in our Global Information Services (IT) Division who can provide administrative and technical support for testing tools used by our test teams in Arthrex, primarily HP ALM (HP Application Lifecycle Management by Micro Focus) and other tools which integrate with this test management tool and encompass our testing tool landscape. The SQA Analyst I will be part of a dynamic software test team with established standards and processes in place supporting best practices in both manual and automating testing of enhancements, new module implementations, configuration/customization, upgrades, patches, and fixes for Arthrex business applications. The SQA Analyst I may need to additionally assist SQA team and perform manual testing of applications, too.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Support HP ALM, VERA, and TaskTop tools; troubleshoot all support tickets
- Provision new projects and user access, as well as policy management
- Perform quarterly license/usage audit
- Support/maintain integrations to other development tools (TFS, Azure Dev Ops, JIRA, Salesforce) and work with internal DevOps personnel
- Answer “how to” questions on functionality and workflow
- Update internal user training materials and administration knowledge transfer documentation
- Apply patches/fixes – testing and production rollout
- Monitor performance issues, generate logs, and work with Arthrex Infrastructure Support team and/or Vendor’s support teams
- Verify system restart when updates are made by Infrastructure team for periodic service maintenance (weekend availability, planned for ahead of time)
- Provide weekend /off hour availability for Production rollout (planned) and issues (unplanned and if an emergency – system down)
- Administer all SQA VM’s and work with Network team on any access/performance issues with our VM’s
- Assist in supporting SQA Automation tools – HP UFT, Selenium, HP Mobile Center
- May work as part of a test team to evaluate and test computer software applications used by various business units within Arthrex.
- Apply test methodology, as well as business process and application knowledge, in the design of tests and testing strategies. Based on business and functional requirements, identify testing scenarios and develop test cases in HP ALM to include test objective, pre-requisites, test steps, and expected results.
- Execute planned and exploratory testing, utilizing manual test cases, to assure the quality of an application’s usability, functionality, security, and performance. Document actual test results and defects in HP ALM.
- Provide status of daily progress to management.
- Follows Arthrex SQA standards and procedures.
The above statements describe the general nature and level of work being performed in this job. They are not intended to be an exhaustive list of all duties, and indeed additional responsibilities may be assigned, as required, by management.
Education and Experience:
- Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science or related field required.
- Work experience or knowledge in Software Quality Assurance performing GUI, Functional, and/or Regression testing of packaged and/or custom developed (.Net/Java) applications is preferred.
- Experience with testing business applications running on web and client server platforms preferred.
- Experience in testing emergency application defects in production systems, system patches, maintenance releases, enhancement releases, and/or implementations of new applications preferred.
- Experience with using HP ALM or equivalent Test Management tool preferred.
Knowledge and Skill Requirements/Specialized Courses and/or Training:
- Working knowledge of the Software Development Life cycle and SQA’s role in it through proven explanation of the process.
- Understanding of programming languages and technologies including relational databases, SQL and XML.
- Demonstrated problem solving, organizational, and analytical skills. High attention to detail and accuracy.
- A customer service orientation.
Machine, Tools, and/or Equipment Skills:
PC servers, workstations and laptops. Microsoft environment. Work with standard current computer applications, such as word processing, spreadsheets and data bases.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or protected veteran status.
Nearest Major Market: Naples
Find similar jobs: