Mid-level industry position
Requisition ID:102870BRWhen you join us at Thermo Fisher Scientific, you’ll be part of a smart, driven team that shares your passion for exploration and discovery. With revenues of more than $20 billion and the largest investment in R&D in the industry, we give our people the resources and opportunities to make significant contributions to the world.South San Francisco, CAHow will you make an impact?You will work on impactful projects including development of cancer diagnostics tools, and be a part of the fast growing field of personalized medicine. You will interact with and learn from a talented team of software and hardware designers and Bioinformatics specialists.What will you do?
- Algorithm optimization – improving speed and accuracy of the existing algorithm. Implementing algorithms on GPU.
- Data analysis & experimental design – work closely with molecular biologists and engineers to improve instrument performance, analyze experimental data. Develop software for data mining large datasets generated by the Next Generation Sequencing instruments.
- Develop algorithms for diagnostic assays, such as cancer and inherited diseases.
- Ongoing collaboration and communication with other teams.
How will you get here?EducationPh.D. in Applied Mathematics, Physics, Electrical Engineering, Computational Biology, Biostatistics, Bioinformatics, Computer Science or comparable from an accredited higher learning institution. Applicants with Master’s degree and 3-5 years of experience in the areas below will be considered.Experience
- Strong programming skills in C++ and Python. Demonstrated software development experience in an industrial setting. GPU programming experience is a plus.
- Demonstrated experience in bioinformatics, analyzing next-generation sequencing data or other genome scale data sets.
- 3+ years of work experience in biotechnology industry is a plus.
Knowledge, Skills, Abilities
- Good understanding of statistics for data analysis. Knowledge of numerical methods for solving ODEs and for optimization.
- Excellent communication skills, in particular, the ability to present data analysis results to non-experts.
- Ability to work both independently and collaboratively.
At Thermo Fisher Scientific, each one of our 70,000 extraordinary minds has a unique story to tell. Join us and contribute to our singular mission—enabling our customers to make the world healthier, cleaner and safer.
If you are an individual with a disability who requires reasonable accommodation to complete any part of our application process, click here for further assistance.
Thermo Fisher Scientific is an EEO/Affirmative Action Employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, protected veteran status, disability or any other legally protected status.
About Thermo Fisher Scientific
Thermo Fisher Scientific Inc. (NYSE: TMO) is the world leader in serving science, with revenues of more than $24 billion and approximately 70,000 employees globally. Our mission is to enable our customers to make the world healthier, cleaner and safer. We help our customers accelerate life sciences research, solve complex analytical challenges, improve patient diagnostics, deliver medicines to market and increase laboratory productivity. Through our premier brands - Thermo Scientific, Applied Biosystems, Invitrogen, Fisher Scientific and Unity Lab Services - we offer an unmatched combination of innovative technologies, purchasing convenience and comprehensive services.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, creed, religion, color, national or ethnic origin, citizenship, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity and expression, genetic information, veteran status, age or disability status. Read More
Philadelphia's Fair Chance Hiring Law Read More
Disability Access If you are an individual with a disability who requires reasonable accommodation to complete any part of our application process, including the use of this website, please Click Here.
Applicants have rights under Federal Employment Laws; Family and Medical Leave Act (FMLA); Equal Employment Opportunity (EEO); and Employee Polygraph Protection Act (EPPA).