Executive / senior industry position
A career with MilliporeSigma is an ongoing journey of discovery: our 58,000 people are shaping how the world lives, works and plays through next generation advancements in Healthcare, Life Science and Electronics. For more than 350 years and across the world we have passionately pursued our curiosity to find novel and vibrant ways of enhancing the lives of others. MilliporeSigma is a business of Merck KGaA, Darmstadt, Germany.
At MilliporeSigma in Milwaukee, WI we are seeking a Production Scientist to develop and evaluate new potential competitive products, technologies, and experimental plans in support of marketing campaigns and initiatives.
- Develop, improve, or optimize analytical laboratory methods supporting ongoing research, process development, and custom chemical manufacturing
- Design and execute experiments with the goal to assess reaction conditions, raw material quality and final product purity
- Transfer the developed analytical platforms to quality control operations via departmentally supported procedures
- Maintain databases, document work and results accurately, and generate technical reports
- Establish credibility as individual contributor and work in a team to achieve goals, including meeting deadlines and productivity markers
- Execute appropriate online and literature searches in support of assigned work and/or troubleshooting
- Interpret spectral and other analytical data for structural elucidation and support of interpretation of process outcome
- Problem solving and troubleshooting in support of departmental or plant operations
- Present scientific rationales for unexpected experimental outcomes including out-of-specification products
- Participate in the quoting process and maintain an effective communication with customer
- Participate in the development of new technologies with applications in laboratory, in – line or at – line testing
- Assist process development team in establishing specifications for intermediates and final products
Who You are:
- Bachelor’s Degree in Chemistry, Chemical Engineering, or related Scientific discipline
- 3+ years of experience in an industrial analytical or quality control environment
- Master’s Degree in Chemistry
- 5+ years of experience in an industrial analytical development environment
- Knowledge of chemical synthesis and safe chemical handling
- Basic chemical analysis (GC, mp, HPLC, IR, UV, NMR) experience
- Knowledge of spectra interpretation and mathematics
- Experience with techniques such as ICP-MS, GC-MS, LC-MS, IC, and wet chemical analysis
- Effective oral and written communication skills
- Proficiency with writing (experimental procedures, reports, etc.)
- Computer literacy, including familiarity with SAP, Word, Excel, PowerPoint, and Lotus Notes
- Strong organizational and time management skills
- Interpersonal skills and knowledge of ISO Quality standards
RSRMS MilliporeSigma Millipore Sigma
What we offer: With us, there are always opportunities to break new ground. We empower you to fulfil your ambitions, and our diverse businesses offer various career moves to seek new horizons. We trust you with responsibility early on and support you to draw your own career map that is responsive to your aspirations and priorities in life. Join us and bring your curiosity to life!
Curious? Apply and find more information at https://jobs.vibrantm.com
The Company is an Equal Employment Opportunity employer. No employee or applicant for employment will be discriminated against on the basis of race, color, religion, age, sex, sexual orientation, national origin, ancestry, disability, military or veteran status, genetic information, gender identity, transgender status, marital status, or any other classification protected by applicable federal, state, or local law. This policy of Equal Employment Opportunity applies to all policies and programs relating to recruitment and hiring, promotion, compensation, benefits, discipline, termination, and all other terms and conditions of employment. Any applicant or employee who believes they have been discriminated against by the Company or anyone acting on behalf of the Company must report any concerns to their Human Resources Business Partner, Legal, or Compliance immediately. The Company will not retaliate against any individual because they made a good faith report of discrimination.