Researcher / analyst
: Job Description
When you're part of the team at Thermo Fisher Scientific, you'll do important work. Help customers find cures for cancer, protect the environment or ensure our food is safe. Your work will have real-world impact, all the while having support in achieving your career goals.
How will you make an impact?
The Field Bioinformatics Scientist will focus on driving excellence in customer applications & technical support for both pre-sales activities and post-sales installation, training and troubleshooting. The successful candidate will have in-person and remote interaction with customers, field sales, sales managers, marketing, product management and technical support staff. Your work with customers will help identify market opportunities to develop and then commercialization into new applications and systems.
What will you do?
- Provide technical informatics support for Thermo Fisher NGS hardware, software and services product by answering customer technical inquiries in a timely manner. Inquiries to be received via email, phone or in-person interaction.
- Support activities above by utilizing all available internal and field resources. Escalate issues or problems when warranted.
- Demonstrate proficiency in using all required computer systems and databases.
- Record and manage customer complaints on technical and quality issues; troubleshoot and advise on solutions as required. Participate in analyzing complaint information to assist in complaint trending and potential quality issues.
- Form a close relationship with the internal bioinformatics support team.
- Deliver training to customers
- Engage in continuous learning – both new product and related field materials - to remain current within the field.
- Contribute to departmental and team meetings - regional, national and global.
- Perform duties independently with limited direction and oversight.
- Adapt to unfamiliar scenarios and provide solutions for the customer to maintain customer satisfaction and system uptime.
- Engage with Sales colleagues to assist when technical expertise is required to drive commercial priorities.
How will you get here?
- Familiarity with Network TCP/IP, Firewalls, Active Directory, etc… a must.
- Experience in two or more of the following fields” NGS sequencing analysis, genomics, genetics, gene expression analysis, sequence assembly, molecular biology and high content data and images.
- Facility with Windows and Linux/Unix is essential
- Installation and configuration of hardware & software application/database products – specifically Oracle and/or SQL is required.
- Customer Service Experience preferred
- Must possess strong analytical, organizational, written and oral communication skills
- In depth knowledge of bioinformatics software, resources and algorithms
- Familiarity with building and querying databases
- IT knowledge and basic system administration skills are required.
- Working knowledge of scripting in a language such as PERL, Python or Java.
- Knowledge of statistics for gene expression preferred
- Proven ability to quickly learn large amounts of new, complex technical information
- Demonstrated ability to effectively communicate both orally and in writing to customers and colleagues is required.
- Ability to manage multiple priorities required
- Familiarity with data backup solutions, data migration, disaster recovery and network security is preferred.
At Thermo Fisher Scientific, each one of our 70,000 extraordinary minds has a unique story to tell. Join us and contribute to our singular mission—enabling our customers to make the world healthier, cleaner and safer.
If you are an individual with a disability who requires reasonable accommodation to complete any part of our application process, click here for further assistance.
Thermo Fisher Scientific is an EEO/Affirmative Action Employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, protected veteran status, disability or any other legally protected status.
About Thermo Fisher Scientific
Thermo Fisher Scientific Inc. (NYSE: TMO) is the world leader in serving science, with revenues of more than $24 billion and approximately 70,000 employees globally. Our mission is to enable our customers to make the world healthier, cleaner and safer. We help our customers accelerate life sciences research, solve complex analytical challenges, improve patient diagnostics, deliver medicines to market and increase laboratory productivity. Through our premier brands - Thermo Scientific, Applied Biosystems, Invitrogen, Fisher Scientific and Unity Lab Services - we offer an unmatched combination of innovative technologies, purchasing convenience and comprehensive services.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, creed, religion, color, national or ethnic origin, citizenship, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity and expression, genetic information, veteran status, age or disability status. Read More
Philadelphia's Fair Chance Hiring Law Read More
Disability Access If you are an individual with a disability who requires reasonable accommodation to complete any part of our application process, including the use of this website, please Click Here.
Applicants have rights under Federal Employment Laws; Family and Medical Leave Act (FMLA); Equal Employment Opportunity (EEO); and Employee Polygraph Protection Act (EPPA).