Mid-level industry position
Allnorth’s award winning multidisciplinary engineering and technical services team is fortunate to be part of the significant growth of the company over the past few years. Our continuous improvement philosophy, skilled professionals and technical experts have allowed us to take on challenging and exciting projects while servicing clients in the Mining, Oil & Gas, Infrastructure and Pulp & Paper sectors
As the successful candidate, you will be responsible for preliminary and detailed design of varying types of projects including concrete foundations, steel structures, buildings, bridges roads and sites. Duties include estimating project costs, complex analysis and calculations, reviewing designs, drawings and specifications, performing civil/structural assessments/inspections and preparing reports, proposals and contract documentation. You will be responsible for supervising and coordinating the activity of other engineers and team members to ensure projects are completed within allotted schedules and budgets, and to high quality standards. You will continually foster and grow strong relationships with our clients.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Engineering
- Minimum of 3-5 years of relevant experience in civil/structural design, preferably in a consulting environment
- Bridge design and structural analysis experience related to bridges is an asset
- Experience with road design is an asset
- Industrial structural analysis and experience is an asset
- Registered (or eligible for registration) as a Professional Engineer (P.Eng.) in British Columbia
- Experience working with National and BC Building Codes
- Willing to travel and work in a camp environment
- A valid driver’s license is required for this position
- Experience with working in a construction setting
- Excellent communication skills (interpersonal and written) and proven ability to collaborate with team members in a multi-disciplined environment
- Technical competence and strong attention to detail
- Proven leadership and mentoring ability
What We Offer
Allnorth is dedicated to its Triple Bottom Line of People, Clients & Partners and Profitability. We are always on the lookout for talented people to join our team. Become part of our team and we will provide you the opportunities to develop both personally and professionally. At Allnorth, we encourage a culture of camaraderie and collaboration working together towards a common goal. You won’t get lost in the numbers here, but rather enjoy positive guidance as you learn, grow and create an impact. Now is an exciting time to join the Allnorth team. Apply today!
We thank all applicants for their interest. Please note that only those applicants selected for an interview will be contacted. No phone calls, please.