Mid-level industry position
Enerflex is a global leader in full-service natural gas compression, processing, refrigeration systems, and electric power generation equipment and a premier provider of related engineering and mechanical services. The Company’s broad in-house resources provide the capability to engineer, design, manufacture, construct, commission, and service hydrocarbon handling systems. Enerflex, a publicly traded Company, has over 2,300 dedicated professionals delivering full-cycle solutions to the global energy market.
The Company places its core Values of Integrity, Commitment, Creativity, and Success into action across all aspects of the business. We match your skills with a position that challenges you, rewards for outstanding performance, and allows you to grow with the Company throughout your life-long career. We owe our success to the strength of our employees, our strong commitment to safety, and superior service to our customers. Your career begins at Enerflex. Join today.
Detailed Job Description
Reporting to the Supervisor, Mechanical Engineering, the primary role of the Civil-Structural Engineer within Enerflex Engineered Systems is to complete the preliminary and final Civil-Structural engineering design of gas compression packages and gas processing plants, including modular skids, piperacks, and equipment supporting structures and foundations. The main focus is on providing quality, accurate, on-time, and on-budget deliverables to both internal and external customers.
Duties must be performed consistent with the company Vision, Mission and Values and adherence to company policies and procedures as well as safe work practices.
Effective and excellent communication is the key to project success. A large part of the role of Civil-Structural Engineer is to facilitate sound communications, both written and verbal, with all project stakeholders:
- Be a member of the project team consisting of a Project Manager, Project Engineer, Project Designer, Electrical and Instrumentation Specialist, Vessel and Mechanical Groups, and Document Control.
- As required through the engineering, design and build process of the project, ensure the deliverables (i.e. drawings) reflect the contractual sold scope of supply and are issued in accordance with the project schedule.
- Interact with other departments (Sales, Applications, Purchasing, Production, Quality Control, Standards, Service, etc.) for smooth communication and deliverable transfer.
- Coordinate 3rd Party structural vendors to ensure deliverables are on-time and meet Enerflex’s safety expectations as well as minimizing cost.
With a foundation of integrity, the candidate would use commitment and creativity to drive our organization forward. This position is based out of Enerflex’s Calgary South East facility.
Principle Responsibilities & Duties:
- At project start, flag any conflicts or contradictions relating to the understanding of the sold scope and obtain resolution.
- Respond in a timely and appropriate manner to Customer queries.
- Ensure Customer deliverables are completed and submitted to meet the Customer’s expectations (scope, timing, etc…).
- Collaborate and provide input/feedback to the Applications Department on quotations based on experience and previous lessons learned.
- Provide engineering and design details to project designer for incorporate in the IFC drawings.
- Review construction drawings and final sign off.
- Project structural specification review.
- Perform preliminary and final Civil / Structural engineering design of gas compression packages and gas processing plant, including modular skids, piperacks, and equipment supporting structures.
- Perform preliminary foundation design for various packages (eg; pile recommendation and foundation reaction loads).
- Create/maintain Enerflex structural specifications.
- Dynamic analysis and design for the reciprocating compressor/process skids and steel piles when required.
- Review and comment on third party civil / structural design and calculation.
- Ensure all designs meet applicable codes and standard.
- Design and engineer of steel structure for lifting lug, anchor bolts, equipment and vessel supports.
- Perform structural calculation, modeling and analysis with company and industry standard
- Ability to interpret results from structural analysis report.
- Review all structural related shop drawings.
- Approve and sign all structural drawings at IFC stage.
- P.Eng stamping all structural design and engineering drawings when required.
- Recommend improvements and implement solutions to the production side when required.
- Coordinate work with other departments such as project designers, engineers and project managers.
- Regular attendance on the shop floor with face-to-face communications with the Shop Supervisors once fabrication has commenced.
- Ensure Production questions/concerns are addressed and responded to in a timely matter.
- Ensure compliance of sold scope, Customer specifications, regulatory compliance and overall project quality while minimizing cost.
- Bachelor or Master Degree in Civil / Structural Engineering.
- 10-15 years of Civil/Structural engineering and design experience.
- Strong communication skills, both verbal and written are mandatory.
- Registration with APEGA as a professional engineer (P. Eng.)
- Technical knowledge of various industry codes and standard in structural engineering and design.
- Previous experience in structural design software with S-Frame/S-Steel.
- Pipe stress analysis experience an asset.
Enerflex is an Equal Opportunity Employer
Enerflex grants equal employment opportunity to all qualified persons without regard to race, color, sex, age, national origin, religion, genetic information, mental or physical disability, or any other characteristic protected by applicable federal, state, or local law. Equal employment opportunities are provided in recruitment, hiring, promotions, wages, benefits, and other terms, conditions, and privileges of employment.
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by people assigned to this job. They are not intended to be an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, tasks, duties, knowledge, skills, and abilities required.
Please visit our website at www.enerflex.com for more information.